When you have a little one in your home, it may feel as though you’re packing up the entire house each time you leave. Even then, many of us head out for the day and forget something essential, such as extra formula or a new bag of wipes.
As parents, we know the value of time, especially when it comes to getting out of the house quickly. If you’re a parent and want to get out of the house in a timely manner, we’ve got the secret on how to do it; a diaper bag checklist.
If you’re looking for a no-fuss diaper bag checklist, we have you covered. Here are some of the essentials to keep in the diaper bag at all times so you’re never left in a sticky situation!
- Diapers and wipes – these are essential for children who are not potty trained. Try to keep one diaper for each hour you’ll be gone, and make sure the container of wipes isn’t near empty when you leave.
- Hand sanitizer – changing diapers in public places that do not have washing facilities can be an issue when you’ve got messy hands, so keep the sanitizer around just in case!
- Bottles and sippy cups – have a clean one handy in the diaper bag for emergency feedings, even when you don’t expect to be out during a mealtime.
Formula, expressed breast milk, or snacks – depending on the age of your child, make sure you have something to eat at all times. Even if you plan on being out for a quick spell, you never know when you might get stuck in traffic or on the side of the road in an unexpected emergency.
- Changing pad – sometimes you have no idea where you’ll be changing your child—at a park in the grass, in the car, or in a dirty restroom. Many patients love bringing a reusable or even disposable changing pad in the diaper bag for these exact situations.
- Extra clothing – bring an extra outfit not only for your child but for yourself. You never know when you’re going to be attacked with bodily fluids that create a mess for both of you!
- Comfort items – whether your child has a special teddy bear or is attached to the hip to their pacifier, make sure these are packed and ready to go!
Sunscreen – no matter how much sun exposure you and your children plan to get while out on the town, always keep sunscreen on hand and apply as needed.
Leaving the house with kids may seem like a hassle, but when you have everything you need in the diaper bag, even the unexpected doesn’t throw you off your game! This is a great list to write out and keep in your diaper bag so you never leave home without the essentials.