These quick and easy Turkey & Carrot meatloaf muffins are a perfect little dinner for baby. They store well and can be quickly re-heated on the stovetop or microwave. The rice crackers make them gluten-free and they’re also dairy-free. The addition of grated carrot adds nutrients such as beta-carotene, Vitamin A, C, K and B8. They are also a great source of lean protein and little ones will love the tanginess of the tomato and the sweetness from the touch of honey. Truthfully, they are perfect for anyone meatloaf lover in the family and make a perfect sandwich too!
- 1-pound ground turkey
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Luv 2 Nosh rice crackers
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the ground turkey with the grated onion, carrot, crushed Luv2nosh rice crackers, egg, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, chopped thyme and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Press into 6 oiled muffin cups. Stir the tomato paste, honey and remaining 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and a splash of water in a small bowl. Brush over the meatloaf muffins. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes. Remove from muffin pans, let cool about 5 minutes, serve.